Twitter is the best place to get live updates – and to connect with people you don’t know already. These are the two most important traits that the platform has to offer. The second factor is what makes Twitter an indispensable tool if you are trying to grow an audience for your business – as long as it’s a part of a complete content strategy, of course. Its power as a business tool is undeniable.
So why do we still diminish it? Why do we not take it seriously? You can hear it in the way people talk about it – they still think that tweeting is a waste of time.
This leads to a lack of effort, and a confirmation of your pre-conceived biases. “See? It doesn’t work!” This posture is NOT going to help you make progress in building your audience. Why would you just walk away when you are faced with the opportunity to reach new potential customers?
I am good at Twitter, because I’ve put in the effort in to learn it. I’ve made the mistakes, gotten better and better at it, and it’s unequivocally my best platform now. I can say with assurance that Twitter is good for business.
You can do it too. With a new perspective and a little practice, you can get good at Twitter too. Listen to Episode 106 here or subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app.
For some extra help with Twitter:
- I’ve produced a few screenshare walk-throughs to hit the finer points in my Twitter Basics Series.
- Here’s an overview of my practitioner’s strategy for How to Build an Audience on Twitter.
And some other relevant episodes from this podcast:
- Twitter for Business: Is It Right For You? (Episode 54)
- Twitter Ads: An Underrated Marketing Strategy (Episode 67)
- Twitter’s Persistent Superpower (Episode 69)
And of course, please connect with me on Twitter: @mboezi.