Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
Building on the last episode about list segmentation, it’s time to start adding some simple automation to your email marketing strategy. We’ll do this very carefully, with a light touch – and if done properly, it will help us build trust little by little with prospective customers.
There are two types of basic automation that I recommend to clients when they are just getting started:
- Welcome sequence
- Follow-up sequence
Learn about each here in Episode 159 and how to apply them to your own email marketing strategy.
Show Notes / Links from the Episode
- Subscribe so that you can see these strategies in practice with how I manage my own email list! https://controlmousemedia.com/subscribe.
- This segment is a part of a 20-lesson series: Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
- The prior episode lays the groundwork for basic automation: List Segmentation Strategies: Email Marketing 201.
- In the episode, I reference my SEO for Small Business Series (an 8-part “basics” series) http://bit.ly/seo-series
- Get my free Tools & Templates here: https://controlmousemedia.com/downloads
- Your Assignment: Set up a welcome email for all subscribers and a follow-up email (to all new subscribers, or to one particular segment).
To Go Further:
- I’m developing a comprehensive course on email strategy – get on the wait list here: Email Marketing for Business.
- And you can find all my online courses at https://controlmousemedia.com/courses.
- Book a session with me, and we’ll go through your email strategy in detail, one-on-one: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
If you are able, please consider supporting this podcast via Patreon.
Leave a Reply