Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
List segmentation is a really important part of any email marketing strategy because it allows you to talk to different people in your audience differently.
Instead of announcements to a crowd of people, you can start talking to them in a way that feels more in-touch and intimate. It makes them feel like you know them and what they are interested in.
There are three ways to get started with list segmentation:
- Segmenting by interest
- Segmenting by location
- Segmenting by customer stage
Learn about each here in Episode 158 and how to apply it to your own email marketing strategy.
Show Notes / Links from the Episode
- Subscribe so that you can see these strategies in practice with how I manage my own email list! https://controlmousemedia.com/subscribe.
- This segment is a part of a 16-lesson series: Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
- For my series on SEO, start here: SEO: A Different Approach. And you can find the whole set of episodes here: SEO for Small Business Series.
- Your Assignment: Set up Groups or Tags with Leads, Fans, Buyers.
To Go Further:
- I’m developing a comprehensive course on email strategy – get on the wait list here: Email Marketing for Business.
- And you can find all my online courses at https://controlmousemedia.com/courses.
- Book a session with me, and we’ll go through your email strategy in detail, one-on-one: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
If you are able, please consider supporting this podcast via Patreon.