Domain Renewal Scams have been around a long time, with various schemes such as Domain Slamming and the Domain Name Expiration Scam. But there’s a new one that I encountered last week that shows that scammers have upped their game.
Episode 167 is about what to do if you are targeted by scammers. Listen here or in your favorite pod player.
Show Notes / Links from the Episode
- To report Domain Renewal Scams of this type, go to the Federal Trade Commission Complaint Assistant: https://ftccomplaintassistant.gov. Select either:
- Rip-offs and Imposter Scams
- Internet Services, Online Shopping, or Computers
- Just for some humbling fun, here is the failed project I mentioned: Glass Box Project.
- I’ll get back to my series on Social Strategy 201 in the next episode.
Thank you for listening! You make this podcast worthwhile for me.
- Support me on Patreon: https://patreon.com/mboezi
- Book a session with me: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
Leave a Reply