Part 6: Starting a Business Series (A Case Example)
One of the best things you can do for your fledgling business is to produce a set of cornerstone content. With a little investment of time up front, it pays dividends for years to come. It makes you more efficient in that you can answer common questions about your business and give people a sense of not just what you do — but how you do it too. All that, and it’s good for SEO as well.
Here’s the thing – it’s never too late to start. Cornerstone content evolves with the needs of the business – so it’s always a good idea to be enhancing your content library with durable, relevant, and useful content. Like anything in content strategy, the nuances matter though. The same goes for your cornerstone content.
Let’s look at why cornerstone content is so important, what it can do for your business, and a simple guide for how to get started. Listen to Episode 127 here or in your favorite pod player.
- Here’s a link to the last episode on the new E.U. regulations that went into effect on May 25, 2018.. If you haven’t gotten your email list compliant, it’s not too late. Here’s my method for how to be compliant without resorting to double opt-in: GDPR and Email Marketing: A Simple Set-Up Guide.
- Here’s the prior episode in this series: Making the Fear Disappear (Part 5 of my Starting a Business Series).
- My 16-part series on picking the right social channels: The Social Media Strategy Series.
- My 6-part series on how to to get more out of all your content: Repurposing Content.
- Here’s my online course for writers, musicians, and visual artists. Subscribers to this podcast get a discount – use this link: https://controlmousemedia.com/mwm. Module 20 in this course is devoted to the nuances of cornerstone content, and all of Unit 6 is about integrating it into your workflow.
This episode is a part of series that’s also available in video format – a free online course called How to Start a Business: A Case Example. It includes worksheets, templates, and checklists that will help you run your own content strategy.
I like to help. I do that for free in my podcast and blog to help small business owners of all types, including writers and other artists. If you are able, fuel my efforts with a cup of coffee! I love coffee, especially an iced Americano when the weather’s warm.
You can also support this podcast via Patreon.