Part 14 of The Social Media Strategy Series
Live video is not new to the business world – people have been doing webinars for years. But with new apps over the past 18 months such as Periscope, Meerkat, Blab (now Bebo), and Facebook Live – the space has changed quite a bit.
You can see a lot of potential uses for each of these in a business setting, and companies are getting really creative with how they use this type of video technology. Let’s look at how that might affect your strategy, and how it might help you:
- Connect with a new audience.
- Showcase your expertise.
- Get some market research.
- Test out some new ideas.
Listen to the complete episode, where I cover:
- Why I’m betting on Periscope, even though there are a lot of other apps.
- Using live video for the explicit purpose of building an audience.
- Getting started with your first Periscope live broadcast.
- A 3-part strategy for how to invite people to view your live broadcasts.
- Using Periscope for free market research – and as a “test kitchen” for new content.
- Why to be cautious in adopting Facebook Live.
- How to use live video as a marketing funnel to drive people back to your site.
Listen right here or subscribe in iTunes.
- Here’s a link to my assertion about Twitter’s Persistent Superpower (last week’s episode).
- If you want to find me on Periscope, I’m at: http://periscope.tv/mboezi.
- In the episode, I mentioned a new app called Anchor, you can check it out here: https://anchor.fm. You can find me at @mboezi (like almost everywhere else).