Part 6 of The Social Media Strategy Series
It’s fun to create and share images. So it’s easy to see why Instagram is one of the Web’s most popular platforms. But under Facebook’s ownership, Instagram is evolving quickly. What we’re seeing is a series of strategic moves to make the platform much more brand-friendly.
Perhaps you are already using Instagram for business. Or perhaps you’ve started already, but would like to get more out of the platform. This episode of Marketing Without the Marketing will help you with that.
I give an overview of some of the key Instagram strategies for business:
- How to use Instagram as a storytelling device for your brand.
- How to set up a clear, direct, and optimized user profile.
- Two strategies for how to make the most out of Instagram’s one-link restriction.
- Setting up a business account in Instagram and why it’s important.
- Hashtagging etiquette for business accounts.
- Using Instagram’s analytics to help you with your content strategy.
- The basics of creating a Facebook Business Manager account so you can run ads on Instagram.
Listen here, or subscribe in iTunes.
As I mentioned in the episode, here’s a summary of some of the recent business-friendly changes that Instagram has made: Instagram Provides New Overview of Brand Profiles and Analytics.
If you’re thinking about running ads on Instagram, you need a “Business Manager Account.” Start here and follow the instructions: http://business.facebook.com.
Facebook provides a great how-to for creating Instagram ads. Here’s a step-by-step guide of Facebook’s Ads Manager, including how you can create one ad and use it in both Facebook and Instagram.
Lastly, here’s my account should you wish to see some of my images: http://instagram.com/mboezi.
Jill Cofsky says
Thank you for this great, informative podcast episode, Michael! I started using Instagram a while ago and these tips will be very helpful! Thank you for sharing!
Michael Boezi says
Thank you Jill – let me know if and when you start experimenting with ads. Would love to hear how Instagram works for you and your particular business.