Marketing is a cost, but content is an investment. Content strategy is using that investment wisely.
Building your credibility requires a clean, unified, and consistent story around your solution to the market problem. You have to start early; this is not an end-of-cycle activity.
- Story Development – A great idea is not enough. Investors pay for a story, not just a belief in the mission and the founders. Articulate the problem you are trying to solve, and create a story around your idea. The story needs to satisfy both constituencies, potential investors and potential customers.
- Marketing Strategy – How to promote yourself and your business without coming off as “self-promotional.”
- Content Marketing. I’ll help you create an overall content plan, including a content schedule and channel selection. All of it needs to be consistent and in tune with your intended audience. Let’s make it all work together in concert.
- Brand Development. Your customers will ultimately control your brand, if you are lucky. Create and test a unified story around your concept. Make it compelling and sharable.
- Web/Social Presence. Social connections are an important part of your overall content strategy and customer development strategy. I offer direct, demystifying help at any level, including account modeling.
- Content Creation – Create regular content that provides direct value to your users and supports the story/brand.
- Website Content. Are you discoverable and optimized for search? What happens once your customer arrives at your site? Don’t lose a lead due to poor content.
- Blog Writing and Editing. Critical to developing an audience and your own credibility. The time to start is now, not when your product is complete.
- Video Scripting and Production. Add a personal, get-to-know-us touch with video; great for pitches and product walk-throughs. I can help you produce audio if you are camera-shy.
- Customer Development – Define your customers, develop an ideal profile, identify the early adopters, and let them help you create your story.
- Community Development – Convert early adopters into a network of vocal brand advocates. This will not happen without a story and a strategy.
- Product Validation – Get your customers involved early to iterate quickly towards product/market fit. Rigorous research required; no white-washing or “success theater.”
- Funding Strategy – Make this a part of your marketing strategy. Angel investors are important, but crowd funding in particular can serve as concept validation.
- Pitch Development – Funding depends on being able to tell a concise and compelling story. You have one shot; let’s get it right.
- Product Presentation – Sure, you can describe your product. But can your customers describe it? They are your best marketers; make sure that they are confident and compelling in their pitch.
Let’s get going.
You’re going to have 1,000 decisions to make. Don’t try to do this alone.
I will engage at any level. The first orienting session is always free. Let’s find out if I’m a good match for you—I will not work with you if I don’t think I can help you.
In the meantime, here’s a little more about me:
- Check out my podcast to learn more about content strategy for small businesses of all types: http://controlmouse.media/podcast.
- For more about my professional background, here’s my résumé: http://mboezi.com/cv.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+ or contact me below to get started.