Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
Getting a following on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter seems to to be the whole point of social media, if you were to observe the way people use these platforms.
I’d like to question that concept. In light of the fact that these platforms don’t work the way they once used to, we need to make adjustments in order to work around the algorithms.
Using a Small Groups Strategy is one such adjustment. By starting small, we can build a tight-knit community and then scale it up stage by stage. In Episode 168, I lay out how to use a Facebook Group, LinkedIn Group, or the the group chat features of messaging apps to get back to the best parts of social – the real connections.
Show Notes / Links from the Episode
- This segment is a part of a 20-lesson series: Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
- Here’s an overview of how social has changed: Social Is Not What It Used to Be: Social Strategy 201
- Here’s how to rethink our social interactions: Listening, Asking, Interacting: Social Strategy 201
- If you’re not measuring, you’re not marketing: Measurement and Iteration: Social Strategy 201
- Way back in Episode 68, I gave an in-depth strategy for Using Facebook Groups for Business
- A great example of using Slack for small groups is in Paul Jarvis’ Chimp Essentials online course
Where You Can Find Me:
- I’m on Twitter too much: https://twitter.com/mboezi
- My LinkedIn profile: https://linkedin.com/in/mboezi
- My Patreon page: https://patreon.com/mboezi
- Book a session with me: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
Leave a Reply