Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
When social media gained wide usage among the general public, it was a godsend to marketers. You could reach a wide audience (for free!), build relationships with them, and gather a community of supporters.
Those days are over.
Like most media companies, social gave in to an ad-driven business model. The result is a centralization of power that has stamped out innovation in the sector. The majors are now pay-to-play ad platforms with little to no possibility of free organic reach.
I’m not saying to give up on social media entirely. But our social strategy has to change. Harboring old beliefs about how social used to work risks wasting time and effort on chasing windmills.
Episode 164 is a brief introduction to a 5-part mini-series on Social Strategy 201. Listen here or in your favorite pod player.
Show Notes / Links from the Episode
- This segment is a part of a 20-lesson series: Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
- Article: TikTok Banned for US Military Personnel as Questions Continue to Swirl Around the App
- The quote from Scott Galloway
- The quote from Johnny Rotten
- My Patreon page: https://patreon.com/mboezi
Or book a session with me, and I’ll help audit your social strategy one-on-one: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
Bonus: Maybe Johnny Rotten Was Wrong?