Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
Competition on the Web is tough. You can’t just hang your shingle and expect people to show up. Now that everyone is doing content marketing, the basics aren’t good enough anymore. Time to graduate to the “201” course:
- Web Strategy 101 is setting up a basic website with a home page, about page, a contact page, and a subscribe page.
- Web Strategy 201 is about optimizing it so that it’s not just a passive “showroom,” but an active pathway for prospective customers.
Listen to Episode 145 to learn how to make your website carry more of the sales load for you.
Marketing Without the Marketing is now available on Spotify! Finally! Here’s the link, if that’s where you listen to podcasts: http://bit.ly/mwm-spotify
Links from the Episode
- The last episode was the introduction to this series: Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics.
- Yes, I hate advertising. Here’s a rant: The Internet is One Big Rickroll Now.
- Watch a passé “lead magnet” strategy that I still use: https://controlmousemedia.com/ebook. Enter an email to see the set of lessons in action – I try to do this the “right” way, but you can judge for yourself.
Creating Your Pathway
- If you want to get started right away building your Pathway, I built a course on this specifically for writers: Building Your Author Platform: Creating a Pathway to Purchase
- All my online courses are at https://controlmousemedia.com/courses
- If you’re impatient like me, book a session and we’ll sit down one-on-one and go through YOUR strategy: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
If you are able, fuel my efforts with a cup of coffee!
You can also support this podcast via Patreon.