Starting a business is easy. Take a dream and turn it into action. Whether it’s s side hustle or full-time, all in – the early stages are exhilarating.
But what happens when reality hits and the results are less than you expected? Things might be going OK, but you can’t seem to get it cranking the way you envisioned it when you started.
This is why I invited Kelly Roach to the show this week. Kelly is a massive success by any measure – she’s a former NFL cheerleader turned Fortune 500 executive who built her own business on the side into a powerhouse agency. She hosts a top-rated podcast, has written a international bestselling book (see links below), and has been featured on Inc.com and Forbes.com.
But it wasn’t always easy for Kelly – and she’s very open about her story. Just like any successful entrepreneur, she’s had her ups and down, but I love the way she approaches business growth strategies. In the episode, we talk about:
- Being willing to take a calculated risk in constructing the life you want
- How passion is not enough, and getting help is not a weakness
- Getting serious about analyzing the factors that are holding you back
- How systems and consistency help you ensure against unpredictable revenue
- Strategies for accelerating the process of generating leads
- How failure helps you see things from a different perspective
- Incorporating offline strategies to protect your business from rapid changes
- Deciding which one you’re willing to risk – time or money
Listen to Episode 113 here or in your favorite pod player.
My thanks to Kelly Roach for spending time with me (and you!) in this episode. Here are links I mentioned in the episode:
Kelly’s podcast: Unstoppable Success Radio
Kelly’s bestselling book: Unstoppable: 9 Principles for Unlimited Success in Business and in Life
Speaking of adversity, there are a set of 3 common roadblocks that hold creatives back. To learn more about this, and identify your particular roadblock, watch the short video here: https://controlmousemedia.com/fix.
If you want a quick blueprint, here’s a checklist of action items for you to get started with content marketing, called A Guide to Marketing Your Creative Work. Download it here: https://controlmousemedia.com/ebook.
Lastly, I’m doing an upcoming series on my experience starting my own business; just subscribe here (and select podcast / every new post) if you’d like to be notified as soon as any new episodes are published!