Content Marketing 201: Beyond the Basics
Building anticipation is a great technique for getting readers back to your site. Producing a blog series is a great way to achieve this. Not only is it good for building a relationship with your readers, but it’s also great for SEO in that it feeds one of Google’s strongest ranking factors.
I use this method all the time – in fact, this episode itself is part of a series. There are two methods that I use regularly in planning and executing a series strategy. Either method can work, depending on the topic – and your writing style. Learn about each method here in Episode 153 and how to apply it to your own blog, podcast, or vlog.
Show Notes / Links from the Episode
Here are a few of the examples I mentioned in the episode:
- SEO for Small Business Series (an 8-part “basics” series) http://bit.ly/seo-series
- How Content Strategy *Is* Teaching (a simple 2-part series) http://bit.ly/teaching-your-customers
- Blog Strategy 201 (this episode is part 2 of a 3-part series) https://controlmousemedia.com/keywords/blog-strategy-201
- Content Marketing 201 (16-part series) https://controlmousemedia.com/keywords/content-marketing-201
And a few other things I should mention:
- Get a free blog template in my Content Strategy Command Center, which has planning tools and worksheets.
- Book a session with me, and we’ll go through your blog strategy in detail: https://controlmousemedia.com/strategy
- Get notified about new episodes when you subscribe here: https://controlmousemedia.com/subscribe
Next up: Repurposing content and how to lay out a plan up front so that you can get more out of your blog.
If you are able, fuel my efforts with a cup of coffee!
You can also support this podcast via Patreon.