Content marketing has changed a lot over the past 5 years alone. What used to work is no longer reliable – even when you are putting in the effort. Have you noticed that:
- Social media is not as effective anymore?
- Your website traffic is down overall?
- Even your best blog posts don’t get shared as much?
- People aren’t opening your email newsletters as much?
Now that content marketing is mainstream, it has started to lose some of its potency. With tons of people employing the same strategies and tactics, this makes sense. We have to up our game to set ourselves apart.
Episode 156 is a roadmap for starting to think differently about the common fail points of today’s digital marketing. Listen to it right here or in your favorite pod player.
Looking at my download data for this podcast, I can see that you care about this issue too – my Content Marketing 201 series has been extremely popular. Here are the Top episodes of 2019 so far:
- Beyond Getting Traffic: Web Strategy 201. Random traffic doesn’t do that much for us, so why are we so obsessed with it?
- Creating a Pathway to Purchase: Web Strategy 201. When a visitor arrives at your site, do you have a pathway set up for them?
- More Than Just a Showroom: Web Strategy 201. A basic website isn’t good enough anymore – it needs to carry more of the sales load.
- Build, Connect, Optimize: The Three Stages of Good Marketing. Matching your marketing plan to the 3 distinct stages of a growing business.
- The One Word That Diminishes Your Work. People don’t mean to do it, but they devalue your work with this one little word.
Bonus: The Internet Is One Big Rickroll Now – how the promise of the Internet has been ruined by advertising.
COMING UP: Let’s talk email strategy:
- Email Marketing 201: Simple Automation
- Email Marketing 201: Segmentation
- Email Marketing 201: Intermediate Automation
Please subscribe and I’ll let you know when these new episodes publish. My email list is a feed – quick reminders, no spam, no B.S. You select your preferences for what you receive and how often, which is how it SHOULD be. I make it easy to unsubscribe in every message.
If you are new to the show, here’s a little bit about me. I am a practitioner who shares what I learn “in the field” in my podcast and blog. I do this for free to pay it forward. If you are able, buy me a a cup of coffee! I thank you in advance – you are awesome for even considering it!
You can also support this podcast via Patreon.